- Packet refresh rate: 25Hz/50Hz/100Hz/200Hz (915MHz/868MHz), 50Hz/150Hz/250Hz/500Hz (2.4GHz)
- RF output power: 25mW/50mW/100mW/250mW/500mW (2.4GHz), 100mW/250mW/500mW (915MHz/868MHz)
- Frequency bands (Micro RF Module 2.4G version): 2.4GHz ISM
- Frequency bands (Micro RF Module 915MHz/868MHz version): 915MHz FCC/868MHz EU
- Input voltage: 5V~12V
- XT30 port: 5V~12V, recommend 2S(8.4V) battery, DO NOT support 3S(12.6V) or above
- USB port: Type-C
BETAFPV Micro RF TX module is compatible with radio transmitter which has the micro module bay (AKA JR/SLIM module bay, e.g. Frsky Taranis X9D、TBS Mambo).
ABOUT THE FIRMWARE
The ExpressLRS official project on Github does NOT support the OLED function for the moment. BETAFPV team will work with the ELRS team and make the official repository support the OLED and button function ASAP.
Please get the firmware from BETAFPV Github nowadays until ExpressLRS official support. In BETAFPV branch, the ExpressLRS protocol is V1.1.0 and has NO binding phrase for the firmware.
How do I set a binding phrase on this Micro TX module when the ELRS official mainstream does not support OLED yet?
First, download the source code of master-betafpv-oled-menu branch to local from Github.
Second, open the ExpressLRS Configurator and load the unzip source code from local. Select the target device “BETAFPV 900/2400 TX Micro”. Now, you could set up your own binding phrase and other options as normal.
Third, build & flash.
KNOW MORE ABOUT EXPRESSLRS
ExpressLRS, utilizing Semtech Lora SX127x or SX1280 hardware, prioritizes top-notch link performance in speed, latency, and range. Supporting a maximum 200Hz packet rate at 900MHz and a rapid 500Hz at 2.4GHz with a custom OpenTX build, it stands out as one of the fastest RC links with long-range capabilities.
As ExpressLRS gains momentum, various vendors offer support, from stocked radio transmitters with ELRS to drones equipped with ELRS receivers and modules for JR bay or Nano bay. BETAFPV actively contributes to this project by providing a range of ExpressLRS components.
BUTTON AND OLED
There is a 5D button on the micromodule. Pay attention only to the vertical dimension works and the other four dimensions are invalid. Below is the basic operation of the button and OLED.
In the lock screen page, long press to unlock and enter the menu page.
In the menu page, long press to change the value of this row.
In the lock screen page, short press invalidly.
In the menu page, short press to move to the next row.
ExpressLRS use the OpenTX LUA script to control the TX module, like bind or setup. With the LUA script, pilots could check, and set up some configurations of the Nano RF TX module. For more details, please check the Support Page.
- Save the ELRS.lua script files onto the radio transmitter’s SD Card in the Scripts/Tools folder;
- Long press the “SYS” button (for RadioMaster T16 or similar radios) or the “Menu” button (for Frsky Taranis X9D or similar radios) to access the Tools Menu where you can find ELRS script ready to run with only one click;
- The below image show, the LUA script run successfully;
BIND & OUTPUT POWER
- 1 * BETAFPV ELRS Micro TX module
- 1 * BETAFPV Moxon antenna
- 1 * Micro TX module user manual
The antenna in the package is not the same as shown below for 915MHz and 868MHz versions.